The Auberge D’Aragon dates back in 1566, designed by the Maltese architect Girolamo Cassar and it is situated in Independence Square, Valletta. The earthquake of 1693 damaged the Auberge and left it in a bad state. In the middle of the 18th century more space was added on a section of property overlooking Marsamxetto. The House of Catalunya in Marsamxetto road, Valletta consisted of three fine Baroque houses built 1692-1694. In late 2018, both buildings undergone major restorations to the facades and in some areas the inside. Today the building houses the Ministry for Home and Parliamentary Affairs.